Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Worry-Free AC Wire-in Smoke Alarm Sealed Lithium Battery Backup
- Ionization Sensing Technology
- Sealed-In 10-Year* Lithium Battery Backup
- Hush® Button
- Alarm Memory Indicator
- 360° Mounting Plate with Tamper Resistance
- 2 LED Indicators
The Kidde i12010S is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with sealed-in lithium battery backup.
The i12010S contains a 10-year tamper proof battery that eliminates the need for battery replacement, and ends worry over unauthorized battery removal. The alarm provides continuous protection from smoke and fire, even during power outages. At the end of alarm life, the unit will chirp, indicating the alarm is in need of replacement. The customer can use a simple tool such as a screwdriver to deactivate the unit, stopping the chirp and making it safe for disposal. The end of life signal can be temporarily silenced to allow for replacement at a more convenient time.
This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home.
Features and Benefits
• Battery backup automatically activates when the alarm is attached to mounting bracket
• Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections.
• Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip.
• 10-year sealed battery substitutes need for routine 9V replacement
• Large centrally located Test/Hush® alarm control button silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes.
• Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction, reducing nuisance alarms.
• Red LED indicates alarm mode, Green LED indicates AC power is present.
• Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user guide for complete instructions.
• End of Life Hush feature allows user to temporarily silence end of life chirp 3 days at a time for a maximum of 30 day life extension.
|Product Dimensions||5.6 inches in diameter x 1.55 inches depth|
|Shipping Weight||1 lbs|
|Shipping||Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion battery (built-in)|