Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Kidde i12040 Hardwire Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup, Interconnectable
- Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket
- Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip
- One button design for easy operation and less confusion. Operates Smart Hush™ and alarm test
- Battery run down protection will shut down alarm memory when AC power is not present, reducing low battery chirp
- Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms
- Tamper resist locking feature deters alarm theft.
- Alarm memory flashes red LED indicating which unit was the initiating alarm in interconnected system
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms
The Kidde i12040 is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home. This unit is a UL Listed product with a 10-year limited warranty.
|Product Dimensions||5.6” in diameter x 1.55” depth|
|Shipping Weight||1 lbs|
|Shipping||Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.|
|Batteries||1 - 9V battery (included)|