Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
WIRING INSTRUCTIONS FOR AC QUICK CONNECT HARNESS
TURN OFF THE MAIN POWER TO THE CIRCUIT BEFORE WIRING THE ALARM.
• For alarms that are used as single station, DO NOT CONNECT THE RED WIRE TO ANYTHING. Leave the red wire insulating cap in place to make certain that the red wire cannot contact any metal parts or the electrical box.
• When alarms are interconnected, all interconnected units must be powered from a single circuit.
• A maximum of 24 Kidde devices may be interconnected in a multiple station arrangement. The interconnect system should not exceed the NFPA interconnect limit of 12 smoke alarms and/or 18 alarms total (smoke, heat, carbon monoxide, etc.). With 18 alarms interconnected, it is still possible to interconnect up to a total of 6 remote signaling devices and/or relay modules.
• When mixing models which have battery backup (i12040, i12060, i12080, 1275, 1276, 1285, 1296, PE120, PI2000, KN-COSM-IB, RF-SM-ACDC, HD135F, KN-COB-IC, KN-COP-IC) with models without battery backup, (i1220, 1235, KN-COSM-I, 120X, SM120X,CO120X, SL177i) be advised that the models without battery backup will not respond during an AC power failure.
• The maximum wire run distance between the first and last unit in an interconnected system is 1000 feet.
• Improper connection will result in damage to the alarm, failure to operate, or a shock hazard.
• Make certain alarms are wired to a continuous (non-switched) power line.
NOTE: Use standard UL listed household wire (as required by local codes) available at all electrical supply stores and most hardware stores. INTERCONNECT WIRING DIAGRAM WIRES ON ALARM HARNESS CONNECTED TO Black Hot Side of AC Line White Neutral Side of AC Line Red Interconnect Lines (Red Wires) of Other Units in the Multiple Station Set up.
This wiring harness can only be used with the following Kidde models:
SMOKE ALARM MODELS: 1235, 1275, 1285, i12020, i12020A, i12040, i12040A i12060, i12060A, i12080, i12080A, i4618, i4618A, i4618AC, RF-SM-ACDC, PE120, P12040, PI2000, PI2010, i12010S.
CONBINATION SMOKE AND CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS: KN-COSM-I, KN-COSM-IB, KN-COSM-IBA, KN-COPE-I, KN-COPE-IC, i12010SCO.
CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS: KN-COB-IC, KN-COP-IC.
HEAT ALARMS: HD135F
STROBE LIGHT: SL177i
|Shipping||Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.|
|Eco Fee Type||N/A|
|Eco Fee Amount||N/A|