Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Kidde KN-COSM-BA Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarm
- Voice Alarm - Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces “Fire Fire” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “Warning Carbon Monoxide” when a CO hazard is detected.
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm – A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Test/Reset Button – Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement.
- LEDs – Two LEDs are provided. Flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarm condition.
- Low Battery Warning – The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing “low battery” and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED.
- Battery Safeguard – The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed
- Battery Powered – Provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur.
- Hush® Feature – Temporarily silences nuisance alarms.
The Kidde KN-COSM-BA Combination Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm provides two important safety devices in a single unit. This alarm includes a voice warning system that announces “Fire, Carbon Monoxide, Low Battery” and “Smart Hush® Activation”. The voice alarm eliminates confusion and clearly warns you and your family of a smoke or carbon monoxide danger, or if your battery is in need of replacement. This technically advanced combination alarm is battery operated, protecting you and your family even during a power outage when many incidences occur. The 900-0102 is suitable for all living areas and has a 10-year life and a 5-year limited warranty.
This smoke alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
Fire: The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message "Fire! Fire!" The alarm will repeat the pattern until smoke is eliminated.
Carbon Monoxide: Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning "Warning! Carbon Monoxide!" This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
Low Battery: One chirp followed by warning "Low Battery." The red LED light will flash. This pattern will continue every minute for the first hour. After the first hour, the red LED light will flash once every minute and will be accompanied by the chirp sound. The "Low Battery" warning will only sound once every fifteen minutes.
Battery Safeguard: The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed
Voice Hush Indication: "Hush Activated" and "Hush Canceled" voice announcement.
Peak Level Memory: If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher when the Test/Reset button is pressed, the unit will announce "Carbon Monoxide Previously Detected" to warn of the CO incident.
Hush® Feature for Convenience: By pressing the Hush button, you can easily and safely silence nuisance alarms caused by non-emergency situations, such as overcooked dinners.
Meets Industry Standards: Like all Kidde alarms, this alarm has been approved by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL), an independent third-party testing laboratory that sets the industry standard for alarms.
|Product Dimensions||5.5 x 5.5 x 2 inches|
|Shipping Weight||16.2 ounces|
|Shipping||Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries (included)|