Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Kidde i12060 Hardwire with Smoke Alarm with Front Load Battery Backup
- Front battery door makes replacing the battery easy
- Tamper resist locking feature deters alarm theft
- Alarm memory flashes red LED indicating which unit was the initiating alarm in interconnected system
- Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure.
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms.
- Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket
- Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip
- One button design for easy operation and less confusion. Operates Smart Hush™ and alarm test
- Battery run down protection will shut down alarm memory when AC power is not present, reducing low battery chirp
- Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms
The Kidde i12060 (formerly model 1276) is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
The Kidde i12060 smoke alarm offers a tamper-resistant feature to deter vandalism or theft and a smart interconnect system that connects with up to 24 Kidde devices--including other smoke alarms plus carbon monoxide and heat alarms. The battery-backup feature (9-volt battery included) provides protection even during power outages, when many CO incidences occur. The front-loading battery door allows users to change the battery without removing the alarm from the mounting bracket, making battery replacement easy and convenient. It has a large mounting base that helps protect surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections, and its pre-stripped wiring harness has an easy-off cap and tinned strands to increase conductivity.
By pressing the hush button, you can easily and safely silence nuisance alarms caused by non-emergency situations, such as overcooked dinners. This feature desensitizes the alarm for approximately seven minutes. During this time, the alarm chirps every 30 to 40 seconds. If the smoke is too dense, the hush feature is overridden and the alarm still sounds, and the alarm automatically resets at the end of the seven minutes. This convenient safety measure eliminates the temptation to remove the alarm's battery, which creates an unsafe situation.
The alarm includes a quick connect wiring harness for easy installation. This unit is a UL Listed product with a 10-year limited warranty. If you are replacing another brand system with these alarms, you may want to consider a KA-B or KA-F adapter to make the job easier.
|Product Dimensions||5.6 in diameter x 1.55 depth (inches)|
|Shipping Weight||16.2 ounces|
|Shipping||Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.|
|Batteries||9 volt battery backup (1 included)|